Job Role: 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
This position will provide technical support to AAG’s customers within a service desk environment mainly managed by remote access however on-site visits may be required. An excellent technical knowledge is required to provide an escalation point to 1st and 2nd Line and ensure incidents and problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently. A desire to provide exceptional customer service at all times is a must along with an understanding of the commercial goals of the business as a whole.
- Provide 3rd Line Service Desk support for incidents related to hardware, software, network connectivity and application services to a wide variety of external customers.
- Manage and own incident tickets via our Autotask ticket management system, providing customer updates to agreed timeframes.
- Triage and resolve incidents to stringent customer defined SLA’s.
- Drive service improvement within the service desk to improve fix resolution times.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with all customers.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation within the centralised management database.
- Provide any on-site support to resolve customer service outages as required to meet SLA’s.
- Continue to develop technical knowledge and skillset through formal training, informal training and hands on practical experience and mentoring of 2nd line support.
- Minimum Level 3 IT qualification and 5 years’ experience in a 2nd or 3rd Line role within a IT service desk environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server, Virtual environments (VMWare), SQL Server, MS Windows, Networking LAN, WAN, VPN and Wireless, Active Directory, Antivirus.
- Cloud hosted O365 Azure skills required.
- MS Exchange and Outlook management skills required.
- High level experience of Data Backups and schedules including VEAAM and Cloud hosted services.
- Demonstrated trouble-shooting skills in Virtual environments.
- Excellent SQL server management skills.
- Excellent team Player with proven mentoring capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional telephone demeanour.
- Act as a Major Incident manager in the event of High severity Incidents.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- ITIL knowledge preferred or certification would be desirable.
- Patience, ability to work under pressure and good organisational skills
- The ability and desire to develop the role and make it your own
- Committed to achieve the AAG vision.