What is Cyber Essentials?
Launched in 2014, Cyber Essentials is a UK Government-backed Cyber-Security accreditation. The scheme was created in response to a growing number of cyber-attacks on UK businesses.
It is designed to help businesses of all sizes protect themselves against potential cyber-crime, by highlighting and implementing some basic controls.
We have partnered with Information Security specialists, who are an approved assessor and certification body for Cyber Essentials, enabling us to help your business adopt and be compliant with Cyber Essentials in a straightforward, efficient, and cost-effective way.
- Protects your business by preventing up to 80% of cyber threats
- Cyber Essentials has become compulsory in some government contracts
- New business generation
- Cyber Essentials certification could reduce your business insurance premium
- How do you gain Compliance?
We have 2 main methods of gaining Compliance:
- Self-Assessment: Complete the online form which the specialist compliance team will then assess. After resolving any problems, certification will be issued.
- Guided Self-Assessment: Same as above, except one of the compliance team will visit your premises to guide you through the form and approval process.
What is ISO27001:2013?
It is the international standard that describes best practices for an information security management system. An ISO 27001 accredited certification demonstrates that you are following those best practices.
One of the ISO team can offer advice and guidance in preparation for this high Information Security standard.
Browse more articles from our experts and discover how to make better use of IT in your business.
As the most common form of cyber crime, phishing affects both individuals and businesses. Find out how attack vectors and trends are developing with the latest phishing statistics. Read More
Read the latest cyber crime statistics, updated for December 2023, and see how the threat landscape has changed in recent years. Read More