Job Role: 1st Line Service Desk Engineer
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
This position will provide technical support to AAG’s customers within a service desk environment mainly managed by remote access however on-site visits may be required. A good technical knowledge is required to provide initial triage on various end-user IT incidents and ensure all are dealt with quickly and efficiently. A desire to provide exceptional customer service at all times is a must along with an understanding of the commercial goals of the business as a whole.
- Provide 1st Line Service Desk support for incidents related to hardware, software, network connectivity and application services to a wide variety of external customers.
- Manage and own incident tickets via our Autotask ticket management system, providing customer updates to agreed timeframes.
- Triage and resolve incidents to stringent customer defined SLA’s.
- Escalation of high severity issues to 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Drive service improvement within the service desk to improve first time fix resolution times.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with all customers.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation within the centralised management database.
- Provide any on-site support to resolve customer service outages as required to meet SLA’s.
- Support initial client contact via, Autotask ticketing system, email or telephone contact.
- Continue to develop technical knowledge and skillset through formal training, informal training and hands on practical experience.
- Minimum Level 3 IT qualification and 1 years’ experience in a 1st Line role within a service desk environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server, Virtual environments (VMWare), SQL Server, MS Windows, Networking LAN, WAN, VPN and Wireless, Active Directory, Antivirus.
- Cloud hosted O365 skills required.
- MS Exchange and Outlook management skills desired.
- Knowledge of Data Backups and schedules including VEAAM and Cloud hosted services.
- Demonstrated PC hardware/software trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent team Player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional telephone demeanour.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- ITIL knowledge preferred or certification would be desirable.
- Patience, ability to work under pressure and good organisational skills
- The ability and desire to develop the role and make it your own
- Committed to achieve the AAG vision.
Want to apply or find out more? Click below to send a message to our recruitment team.