Job Role: IT Support Engineer
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
This position will provide onsite technical support to one of our customers a long with remote service desk support for our other customers. A good technical knowledge is required to provide initial triage on various end-user IT incidents and ensure all are dealt with quickly and efficiently. A desire to provide exceptional customer service at all times is a must along with an understanding of the commercial goals of the business as a whole.
• Provide IT Service Desk support for incidents related to hardware, software, network connectivity and application services to a wide variety of external customers.
• Manage and own incident tickets via our Autotask ticket management system, providing customer updates to agreed timeframes.
• Triage and resolve incidents to stringent customer defined SLA’s.
• Escalation of high severity issues to 2nd and 3rd line support.
• Drive service improvement within the service desk to improve first time fix resolution times.
• Communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with all customers.
• Create and maintain accurate documentation within the centralised management database.
• Provide any on-site support to resolve customer service outages as required to meet SLA’s.
• Support initial client contact via, Autotask ticketing system, email or telephone contact.
• Continue to develop technical knowledge and skillset through formal training, informal training and hands on practical experience.
• Minimum Level 3 IT qualification and 1 years’ experience in a 1st Line role within a service desk environment.
• Good knowledge of Windows Server, Virtual environments (VMWare), SQL Server, MS Windows, Networking LAN, WAN, VPN and Wireless, Active Directory, Antivirus.
• Cloud hosted O365 skills required.
• MS Exchange and Outlook management skills desired.
• Knowledge of Data Backups and schedules including VEAAM and Cloud hosted services.
• Demonstrated PC hardware/software trouble-shooting skills.
• Excellent team Player.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional telephone demeanour.
• Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
• ITIL knowledge preferred or certification would be desirable.
• Patience, ability to work under pressure and good organisational skills
• The ability and desire to develop the role and make it your own
• Committed to achieve the AAG vision.