Job Role: Technical Account Manager
Reports to: Head of Sales
The Technical Account Manager will sit within the Sales team. The primary focus of this role is to work with all clients to deliver IT lead future planning in line with business strategy. The role requires solid technical know-how and will work with potential and existing clients. The Technical Account Manager will be responsible for the Account Management of a number of clients as well as supporting the wider sales team from a technical perspective with client future planning. The Technical Account Manager will be required to work closely with the wider Sales and Marketing team and the Service Desk. The role will require excellent organisation, communication, and relationship building skills.
- To work with the Sales team to look after a number of existing clients; attending and leading regular account review meetings, building relationships and identifying sales opportunities to build pipeline.
- To work with new and potential clients; identifying opportunities and demonstrating the customer journey using AAG’s Proven Partnership Process.
- To complete site audits for potential and existing clients in order to provide the basis of any recommendations.
- Be a ‘go-to’ person for any technical advice and sense checking with regards to proposals and customer solution recommendations required by the sales team.
- To conduct new client onboardings; gathering technical information and onboarding users, clearly setting expectations from the start.
- To nurture new clients and ensure the customer journey goes smoothly and all parts of the process are followed.
- Constantly review and suggest improvements in our strategic account management approach to ensure excellence in management of the AAG customer journey.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and internal procurement department to ensure quick turnaround on quote requests.
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and work calmly under pressure with an organised and methodical approach to tasks
- Relevant and current experience working in an IT Engineering background
- Exceptional team working skills
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm (occasionally overtime may be required to fulfil client requirements).