VIRTUAL DATA PROTECTION OFFICER - (VDPO)
What is a DPO?
A Data Protection Officer (DPO) is a personal data security leadership role created by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who Must have a DPO?
Public bodies and, in certain circumstances, private businesses.
Who Should have a DPO?
GDPR encourages all businesses to appoint a DPO.
Here are the Features of having a Virtual Data Protection Officer:
· Highly-skilled, UK Lawyer led, team of specialists
· Expert knowledge of data protection law and practices
· Integrity and high professional ethics
· Independent in role and tasks
· Intermediary with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
· Strategic advisor on the responsible, effective and innovative use of personal data
· Comprehensive regular reports advise on appropriate data security measures and risk mitigation
· Retained service
Here are the Benefits of a VDPO:
· A ‘one-stop shop’ for all your data protection needs
· Bound by secrecy and confidentiality
· Facilitates compliance and helps create a competitive advantage
· Plays a key role in fostering a data protection culture
· Help with GDPR implementation
· No need for expensive in-house data protection staff
· Monthly payments with no large up-front costs