Virtual Data Protection Officer (VDPO)
What is a DPO?
A Data Protection Officer (DPO) is a personal data security leadership role created by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who Must have a DPO?
Public bodies and, in certain circumstances, private businesses.
Who Should have a DPO?
GDPR encourages all businesses to appoint a DPO.
Here are the Features of having a Virtual Data Protection Officer:
- Highly-skilled, UK Lawyer led, a team of specialists
- Expert knowledge of data protection law and practices
- Integrity and high professional ethics
- Independent in role and tasks
- Intermediary with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Strategic advisor on the responsible, effective and innovative use of personal data
- Comprehensive regular reports advise on appropriate data security measures and risk mitigation
- Retained service
Here are the Benefits of a VDPO:
- A one-stop-shop for all your data protection needs
- Bound by secrecy and confidentiality
- Facilitates compliance and helps create a competitive advantage
- Plays a key role in fostering a data protection culture
- Help with GDPR implementation
- No need for expensive in-house data protection staff
- Monthly payments with no large up-front costs
Browse more articles from our experts and discover how to make better use of IT in your business.
Chesterfield Internet Speeds
The internet is now an integral part of business operations. We’ve put together this guide to help you find out if your Chesterfield business is getting the best internet possible.
The Best Places To Kickstart Your Tech Career In Chesterfield
Now is the perfect time to enter the tech industry. We’ve highlighted some of the best tech courses you take in Chesterfield, whether you're a full-time or part-time student.
The Best Co-Working Spaces in Chesterfield
Chesterfield is a prime location for tech industry workers. We've listed some of our favourite co-working spaces in Chesterfield, perfect for days when you're working remotely.