We provide our staff with the tools and support to accelerate both their personal and professional development and employee wellbeing is always a priority.
Every member of our team has autonomy in their role, and collectively we take responsibility for the part we play in the business’ growth and success. We believe in hard work, but we also know that reward, recognition and most of all a fun place to work is what makes AAG stand out in the tech sector.
So, why is our company mascot a goose? When we were looking for a mascot we wanted to make sure that it aligned with who we were as people and supported our values. Geese are the epitome of everything that AAG strives to be. They demonstrate highly effective teamwork principles that achieve a common goal. They work together to help and support each other and look after those team members that may be struggling. We know as a business that a strong team ethic is fundamental to our success and that sharing a common purpose and communicating well supports our desire to grow and develop both as a business and as individuals.
Our value of “Togetherness” is extremely important to us, not only supporting each other at work but understanding that sometimes we face daily challenges that affect the way we perform. We couldn’t choose a better mascot to highlight how important it is to us to look after each other and to support each other’s development and mental and physical well-being
As a business we regularly share this video to emphasise what is important to us all and to remind us just how powerful working as a team can be.
In summary, the video shows that geese always fly as a team. With each goose in the flock flying in formation, they add 70% of greater flying range than if each bird flew alone. At AAG, we saw this video and instantly recognised these qualities in our own team. Every member of the team has autonomy in their role, and collectively we take responsibility for the part we play in the business’ growth and success. We believe in hard work but we also know that reward, recognition and most of all a fun place to work is what makes AAG stand out in the tech sector.
Here are just a few examples of what we have done that have proved extremely successful in building a workplace, culture and team that we are truly proud of:
- “The geese flying in formation honk to encourage those up front to keep up their speed” – For this reason we have a dedicated ‘Honk’ channel on Microsoft Teams, where every employee can sing the praises of another team member.
- A learning culture where every member of staff is encouraged to take up formal or informal training to help develop themselves and the team around them
- Quarterly reviews aligned to both the individuals and business Vision, Intentions and Purpose Every member of our team has 90 days goals aligned to the overall Company goals. They know what an important part they play in the overall success and truly understand what their department and the business are trying to achieve.
- The right to challenge. Every member of staff is encouraged to challenge the management team, their peers and the processes in order to learn something new or find an improvement that will benefit the customer, the staff and the business
- Regular personal development meetings to track progress and achievements in goal setting and company feedback sessions to update everyone.
- Employee of the Quarter and a regular Staff Engagement Survey tracking feedback for continual improvement
- We don’t believe in people being tied to their desks from 9am to 5.30pm. Instead we encourage people to give and take and flex their working hours to fit theirs and the business’ needs.
- Values Teams – everyone belonging to a cross departmental team aligned to one of our values ensuring these are kept at the core of everything we do.
Browse more articles from our experts and discover how to make better use of IT in your business.
How to create a successful cyber security strategy
Cyber security goes beyond simple firewalls and antivirus protection. As online threats become more sophisticated and dangerous, additional measures are needed to protect businesses. This is why a cyber security…
Why is cyber security important?
Cyber security is more important now than ever before. In an age where most business is conducted online, cyber criminals have never had so many opportunities to steal data, passwords,…